- Ease (8/10)
- Time (30/60 min)
- Heat Index (1/10)
Biltong Pizza, quick and easy appetiser or main course to be enjoyed with an ice-cold beverage whilst watching the game with some friends!
Serves 1 as Main, or 4 as an appetiser.
BEEF BILTONG PIZZA
150g BEEF BILTONG SLICED (medium, plain or chili)
1x Medium Pizza Base (home-made or frozen)
150g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Red Onion
1/4 Green Pepper
4 Fresh Mushrooms
Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
15g Tomato Paste
25ml Olive Oil
2 pinches of Salt
1 pinch of Italian Herbs
1. Pre-Heat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or prepare your Pizza Stone on your wood fire)
2. Peel the Onion and dice.
3. Slice the Green Pepper into thin strips.
4. Slice the Mushrooms.
5. Spread the Pizza Base with the Tomato Paste.
1. Fry the diced Onion, Green Pepper slices and Mushrooms in the Olive Oil and add two pinches of Salt until browned.
2. Evenly distribute the fried Onion, Green Peppers and Mushrooms on the Pizza base.
3. Evenly spread out 150g of thinly sliced BEEF BILTONG over the Pizza base.
4. Generously cover the Pizza base with grated Mozzarella cheese.
5. Sprinkle over a dash of dried Italian herbs.
6. Bake Pizza for 10 – 15 minutes until the base is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
7. Garnish your Beef Biltong Pizza by tossing over a handful of fresh Basil leaves after slicing.
Serve and enjoy!
Notes from Richard & Louise
This is another great snack to serve as an appetiser before a meal or as tapas-style snacks at a social event.
This is a favourite for us to do when we enjoy a quiet evening with friends or family sitting around a wood fire, where we bake the Pizza on our Pizza Stone over the fire.
This snack can be enjoyed all year round, and is recommended for any occasion.
This goes very well with an ice cold Beer!